New York City is extremely active and populated. There are many businesses, ranging from small restaurants to billion-dollar financial firms. The amount of workers who labor every day in this city is extraordinary. At the same time, work injuries and workers’ benefits claims occur frequently. If you are one of those workers who has been injured on the job, this article is for you.
Advantages that Work Injury Lawyers Contribute
- Free Consultation: When you have just been injured at work and don’t know the procedure you should follow to apply for and obtain workers’ compensation benefits, a legal consultation with experts in this field is the best option. Work injury lawyers offer you a free consultation in which they will review your case and explore different options and legal strategies you should follow to maximize your benefits. There are no strings attached or obligations, and you won’t even suffer financial detriment for this consultation, but you will benefit from the expert advice of labor injury lawyers. You have everything to win and nothing to lose.
- Experience: Your employer and the workers’ compensation insurance are familiarized with the benefit claim process. You are injured, in pain, and confused. In New York, you must notify your employer in writing within 30 days of the incident, so that you do not lose your right to benefits. Add to this the various forms and paperwork you must complete and turn in. Lastly, the answers to this form and the report will determine if you receive these benefits or not, and how much and for how much time. Work injury lawyers know how to do this quickly, efficiently, and competently to ensure that you receive the greatest amount of benefits to which you are legally entitled.
- Clarification of Misunderstandings: Injured workers sometimes do not claim benefits because they mistakenly think they don’t qualify. Did you know that you can claim benefits even when the injury occurred due to your negligence? The only exception is if you were under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or caused the accident on purpose. Additionally, you are entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits if your injury happened while you were having breakfast in the cafeteria of the building where you work.
- Identifying if You Can Sue a Third Party: Workers’ compensation benefits can help, but you only get 2/3 of a week’s average salary. If your employment lawyer analyzes your case and determines that your injury occurred due to a third party’s negligence, you can sue them in court and obtain greater compensation, which includes damages such as pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Financial Resources: Work injury lawyers fight for you without your paying. This implies that not only do they take care of court costs and their time, but also fees for experts. If after your effort and expense you do not win, they do not get a return on their investment.
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.