How to heal a dog bite?
Dog bites are accidents that can occur unexpectedly, so it is essential to know what to do to help the injury heal quickly.
Learn more about dog bite compensation
For any dog bite, you have to go to go with a doctor. At home, you can practice first aid so it does not get worse:
- Place a clean towel over the injury to stop any bleeding.
- Try to keep the injured area elevated.
- Wash the bite carefully with soap and water.
- Apply a sterile bandage to the wound.
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the lesion every day to prevent infection.
When the bite has been of an unknown dog, or if it is deep, bleeding does not stop or there are signs of infection (redness, swelling, heat, pus), you should see a doctor immediately.
The doctor will ask you questions such as:
Do you know the dog’s owner?
If yes, does the dog have all the vaccines? The one of rage?
Was the dog provoked?
What are the health conditions of the injured person?
At Grupo MedLegal® we care about you!
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.