There are differing opinions about whether or not it is advantageous to hire a work injury lawyer. In the United States, and specifically in Pennsylvania, these professionals usually offer the first consultation free to determine if your case has merit. It is not required or necessary to hire them, since governmental agencies allow you to represent yourself if you wish. However, hiring work injury lawyers can offer you many benefits.
Advantages that Work Injury Lawyers Can Contribute
- Specialized assistance from professionals who fight for your wellbeing: If you suffer an injury or accident at work, the process for recovering benefits and payment for medical treatment can be complicated. If you do not hire work injury lawyers, you will face institutions and employers specialized in these cases. You are injured and you do not have experience in dealing with all the required paperwork. What should you do? Labor injury lawyers will analyze your case and take the legal reins. They will deal with physicians, benefit insurance and with your employer while you recover.
- Greater possibility that your petition will be approved, and more quickly: Lawyers specializing in work injuries complete a large volume of applications for benefits. They know what vocabulary to use, the documents that should accompany the application, and what type of evidence they should present not only for approval, but also so approval happens quickly.
- They use their financial resources to request these benefits: Work injury lawyers do not receive their fees unless you win the case. That is, from the beginning they fight for you, using their own financial resources. If you do not get compensated, they do not charge. This is extremely important in the case of injured workers that no longer receive their salaries after becoming injured.
- Peace and relief in knowing that you can consult an expert every time you receive a document or notification related to your case: usually the client is not contacted once legal representation is obtained, but from time to time receives a call or document related to the case. Instead of trying to understand what it’s telling you or what you should do, or how to respond, you simply pass the form to your lawyer and they take care of the rest.
- You can concentrate on your recovery: Labor injuries range from slight to severe. Many require physical therapy as part of the process. If you have a lawyer taking care of your case, you will concentrate all your effort and energy on recovering.
- If your workers’ compensation benefits were denied, the lawyers will take charge of appealing the decision. For your appeal to be successful, they will have to gather and submit convincing evidence in your favor. It is easier to hire lawyers from the beginning of the process and not when the benefits are denied. Either way, better late than never.