Many injured workers are afraid to report an injury or accident at work for fear of losing their job. The labor laws of Chicago, Illinois establish that it is illegal for you to be fired because of suffering a work accident.
Suffering a work accident can be a traumatic situation due to the injuries sustained and the complex legal system. Labor law in the case of accidents in complicated, and there is no reason to try to understand it on your own. A work accident lawyer can handle everything for you at no risk, so you have nothing to lose by hiring their services.
Why should you consult a work accident lawyer?
- You don’t know your rights in the case of an accident
- Many times, you are not at fault for the accident. Most accidents are caused by the company’s negligence and for working in unsafe conditions. According to the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSH Act), all employees are entitled to work conditions that are free of serious risks. This law was enacted to prevent death, injuries, or illnesses of workers on their job sites.
- Consulting a work accident lawyer will provide peace of mind. The lawyer will advocate for you so that your employer complies and you will receive the benefits dictated by law, as well as determine the employer’s liability in the situation.
- You need help understanding compensation laws.
- After sustaining injuries, you are not in a position to negotiate with your employer, since in addition to medical expenses and missed salaries, you may be entitled to claim indemnity.
- There are important deadlines to meet that you are unaware of and that may result in the loss of benefits.
- Work accident law firms have a professional team to support you with all the paperwork that must be done. Otherwise, you could lose some of the benefits the government offers you.
- If a claim is necessary due to the nature of the accident, you should consider seeking legal aid.
- You must protect the continuity of your job. When our employment rights seem at risk, hiring a lawyer is one of the best ways to protect ourselves.
Making a claim is a long and tedious process. This is why having a work accident lawyer can protect your rights and help you to obtain the labor compensation benefits you deserve. Grupo MedLegal’s accident doctors and attorneys can handle everything for you.
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.