Workers have basic rights that are essential for the progress and good of society. Unfortunately, many employers coerce their employees and violate these essential rights. If you, a family member, or a friend feels that your workers’ rights have been violated, don’t sit still with your arms crossed. Call an expert lawyer to defend you. The worst question is the one that’s never asked. Don’t let anyone threaten you.
Workers’ Rights Protected by Law in Pennsylvania:
- You cannot be dismissed for denouncing an illegal action by your employer.
- You cannot be discriminated against because of race, gender, age (over 40), sexual orientation, nationality, religion, non-work related disability, relationship to a disabled person, or having a GED instead of a high school diploma.
- You can sue for the benefits of workers’ compensation without fear of reprisals if you have suffered a work-related illness or injury.
- You have every right to demand a safe work environment with adequate safety equipment to avoid injury.
Benefits of contacting a Labor Attorney if your rights have been violated:
- A lawyer will evaluate your case and offer you advice about the best way to proceed. If the lawyer takes your case, he or she will notify your employer that you have legal representation so that your workers’ rights will be respected.
- If your employer continues to violate your rights, your lawyer will tell you how to proceed with the human resources department at your work.
- Your lawyer will explain how to document violations of your rights by keeping a journal where you register the date and time of each violation along with a brief account of the facts and who was present.
- If you are dismissed, your labor attorney will submit a legal claim to the court. He or she will make sure the statute of limitations does not run out and demand that your employer preserve any evidence that could benefit you.
- You will have a legal expert fighting for you. You run no financial risk because if you aren’t compensated, your lawyer won’t be either. Legal proceedings can be costly. However, until you win your case the lawyer will cover the expenses of the legal procedures as well as the experts’ professional fees.
The Doctors and Lawyers at Grupo MedLegal
The Doctors and Lawyers at Grupo MedLegal are dedicated to the working class of Philadelphia. We have more than 30 years of experience defending the rights of workers that feel oppressed and threatened by their employers. Don’t allow your workers’ rights to be violated or injustice to go unpunished. If you feel that your rights have been infringed upon, ask for a free consultation so we can review your case and give you our expert opinion. You can call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at 1-800-838-3838.
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.