Laws about workers’ rights are complex and it’s not easy to determine or prove that you have a legal claim if your job has been terminated. Workers in Chicago don’t have a lot of labor protection. Employers can dismiss their employees without notice, for any reason, no reason, or a wrong reason. Fortunately, they still cannot violate certain public interest laws or a lawsuit can be brought against them. The best advice is to contact a lawyer immediately who can not only review your case, but also collect evidence and help you solve your problem quickly and effectively.
Advantages of hiring a lawyer in Chicago because of unjust dismissal:
- A professional will offer you a free evaluation of your case: when you contact a labor lawyer, usually the first consultation is free. You explain your situation and the lawyer will ask you questions in order to determine if you have a legal claim or not. He or she will also explain how the process works and what you can expect.
- There is no financial risk to you: If the lawyer takes the case and you engage him or her, he or she will begin the legal process using his/her own funds. The legal process can be long and costly and the lawyer is the one who runs the risk of not recovering his/her investment if you lose the lawsuit.
- If you have grounds for a lawsuit, hiring a lawyer is the fastest and most effective step to take to begin the legal process. Labor lawyers handle these cases every day; they know statutes of limitations and the relevant laws. They are also familiar with the courts and judges who handle these cases.
- You’ll have someone at your side with as much or more experience than your employer’s lawyer. Normally if your job has been terminated you will be in contact with the company’s human resources department. You will be getting your information only from people and departments who favor and represent your employer. But if you have legal representation, you will know the right steps to take and be able to make informed decisions. You will not be subjected to intimidation or coercion.
- Preservation of evidence: One of the first things the lawyer will do is determine which facts will help you in your case and how to obtain evidence. During the discovery phase in court, your lawyer will demand that your employer produce documentation and reveal facts relating to the case.
The doctors and accident lawyers at Grupo MedLegal know the relevant laws and the rights of workers in Chicago. If you’ve been dismissed from work, we offer a free detailed legal consultation in which we will explore every legal angle to determine whether you have grounds for a lawsuit. The consultation can take place at the time and place that is convenient for you in the great city of Chicago. Our firm is well-known, has an excellent reputation, and our doctors and lawyers are respected among their colleagues. You can be confident that your interests will be well-defended by our quality professionals. Your satisfaction is our priority. You won’t regret getting in touch with us.
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.