Is it necessary to contact a work claims lawyer after an injury?
According to the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970 (OSH Act), workers have a right to a workplace that is free from serious safety risks. This law was passed to protect workers from death, injuries, and illnesses in the workplace. The law requires that employers provide a work environment that is free from dangerous and risky conditions. Many unscrupulous employers maintain conditions in the workplace that do not fulfill minimum requirements to assure the safety and physical integrity of their workers, which often results in injuries.
Reporting your work-related injury is the best way to defend your job. The Illinois Commission of Workers’ Compensation stipulates that you have the right to defend yourself and get economic compensation in this situation. Employers and insurance companies often try to deny benefits to victims of work-related injuries or to minimize the amount of compensation. If this happens to you, it is important to have the help of a work claims lawyer and to know what your rights are so that you will be assured of fair treatment and get the benefits you deserve.
Why do I need to contact a firm of work claims lawyers after an injury?
- Work-related accidents occur frequently. Depending on the severity of the injury, your disability may be temporary or permanent. A work claims lawyer can help you claim workers’ compensation.
- Making a claim for a work-related injury is not an easy process. With the help of a lawyer you can protect yourself from the bias of insurance companies, defend your rights, and get the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.
- Work claims lawyers can quickly get the result you are looking for. Their mastery of the law removes doubts and assumptions and facilitates the filing of your claim.
- Don’t try to obtain compensation benefits without the help of a work claims lawyer. Lawyers are trained to negotiate with your employer or file a suit for fair compensation.
- There are many requirements and deadlines that must be met in cases of work-related injury. With the help of a professional, it will be easy for you to meet all the deadlines and fulfill all the requirements.
- You should defend your job. When your rights in the workplace have been violated, the best way to protect yourself is to contact a lawyer.
- Contacting a firm of work claims lawyers will give you a sense of security. The advice of a claims lawyer is often the key to restoring your violated rights and getting you fair compensation. Remember that it is important to contact a lawyer who knows the labor laws in Chicago, Illinois.
If you have been injured, your lawyer can help you get the following benefits:
- Medical attention from specialized doctors.
- Temporary or permanent disability benefits.
- Preservation of your job after reporting an accident.
- Payment of missed wages.
- Compensation for pain and suffering.
- Special life-long attention in cases of permanent disability, among others.
Having a work-related accident can be traumatic due to the injuries you suffered and the complexity of the law. The workers’ compensation law for injuries sustained at work is complicated, and you shouldn’t have to try to figure it out alone.
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.