The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) has issued recommendations on what to do if ICE elements arrive at your home as part of the raids announced by the Trump administration.
What you should do when they knock on your door is:
- Keep calm at all times
- Do not open the door
- Ask what they are in your house for. If you need a translator to talk with them, tell them you do not understand what they are saying.
- Do not open the door for any reason.
- If they ask you to enter your house, ask them if they have an order from a judge to do so. If they have it, tell them to show it to you and pass it under your door.
- If they do not have it, tell them to please leave any communication under your door.
- If the agents enter your house by force, do not resist or be violent. Ask everyone in your home to remain silent.
- In case they arrest you, remain silent and do not sign anything until you talk to a lawyer.
The administrative forms of ICE (Form I-200, I-205) do not give them your authorization to enter your home without your permission.
At Grupo MedLegal® we care about you!
This Blog is made available by Grupo MedLegal for informational purposes only and does not provide legal or medical advice. The information provided on the Blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal or medical advice from a licensed professional.